The Friday Refrain: What's New In Music
I'm back from vacation and ready to dive into the new releases!
Friday's New Music
I'm just going to give a quick rundown of what we missed last Friday - first and foremost, Angelique Kidjo released her David Byrne cover album, Remain In Light. Brit Pop singer Lily Allen released No Shame. Pint Notes co-host favorite, Lykke Li, is back with so sad so sexy. Popular rockers Dave Matthews Band released Come Tomorrow and pop country star Dierks Bentley is out with The Mountain. Finally last week, M. Ward released What A Wonderful Industry.
This week vocal powerhouse Christina Aguilera returns with lIberation. 90s rockers Gin Blossoms are here with Mixed Reality. 5 Seconds of Summer release Youngblood. And well the album title says it all here with Buddy Guy's album The Blues Is Alive And Well. Chromeo released Head Over Heels and I think that's about it.
Should I bother?
- Christian Aguilera: It starts out a bit slow and quiet but amps up in the middle a bit with a few interesting collabs in the mix (Ty Dolla $ign and Demi Lovato are featured a two different tracks)
- Gin Blossoms sounds like Gin Blossoms, I know those words could spark a fun conversation in this household so I feel like that is a good guiding light.
- I think you can say the same of 5 Seconds of Summer. It's that summer party loving sing it out loud pop rock
- Buddy Guy: It's a hot day today and this fits the speed of my afternoon.
- Chromeo: This is the most upbeat, funky and danceable album front to back of today so far, so turn it on to get your weekend started.
We're into it for this June and I'm working on adding up my favorites and pairing down my list to get my top half of the year done soon. In the meantime, I hope you find something to groove to and Happy Listening!